Dr. Dre: Player Profile: Masta P
—Written by Drekien
Dammit V, I’d wish you’d stop putting that dumb “Dr. Dre” shit in front of every post I write. Oh well, anyway the next person I’d like to introduce is a good, NO, great ballista player I’ve had the pleasure of knowing longer than probably any of you scrubs. A Lakshmi native, he’s been in the ballista game for quite a while, but you might not have seen him as he is now. This guy gives a good name for all monks and dark knights everywhere…in ballista, and he’s truly a powerhouse in those respects. People may not know of him, but once you play against him his avatar will leave a lasting impression on your memory. An all around good-guy, I’m glad to present Pikkiwoki in this next player profile.
Q1: When it comes to Dark Knight Ballista play, what is the most important stat to gear for in your opinion?
• “I’m going to assume we’re talking about smaller games such as 5v5 or 6v6 diorama here. In my opinion dark resist is the most important stat to gear for since you’ll be the opponent’s main aspir target a lot of the time.”
Q2: Spacing, movement, and lag control are important factors in a melees repertoire, what is your best advice for people trying to perfect their movement in Ballista?
• “I think it’s best to be as unpredictable as possible. Running off in a random direction can often make people waste their TP.”
Q3: If you can remember, what is your most incredible comeback in an Ballista match?
• “Don’t really have anything for that one, sorry” =( dammit.
Q4: We all know your Monk and Dark Knight are top notch, what would you consider your best Ballista job?
• “Well, it’s definitely one of those two. I think my mnk is closer to being complete gear-wise but on the other hand the easier job to play and I think I perform better on drk because player skill makes a bigger difference.”
Q5: Ballista has come a long way in terms of job selection and preference. In your opinion what are the most underrated job(s) and why?
• “The only underrated job that I can think of is brd. I find it surprising that no one ever plays it in ballista despite the fact that the job has the potential to be a great buffer and a debuffer as well as gear very defensively and score a lot.”